Story last updated at 11/14/2013 - 6:03 pm
ACOA/CODA Meeting, Wednesday and Friday, noon-1 p.m., Northern Light United Church, 400 11th St.; Sunday, 11 a.m.-noon, CBJ Assembly Chambers.
Alcoholics Anonymous Juneau,
• Monday through Friday, 6:45 a.m. and noon, Holy Trinity Episcopal Church downtown on corner of 4th and Gold Streets;
• Monday through Thursday, 5 p.m., Holy Trinity Church.
• Sunday, 11 a.m., Rainforest Activity Center 3240 Hospital Drive and 7:30 p.m., Public Health Building, 3412 Glacier Hwy;
• Monday, 7 p.m., Montessori School, 750 St. Ann’s Ave. Douglas;
• Tuesday, 7 p.m. Women only, St. Paul’s Church, 9055 Atlin Drive and 7:30-8:30 p.m., Chapel by the Lake;
• Wednesday, 6:30 p.m., St. Brendan’s Church, 4207 Mendenhall Loop Road.
• Thursday, 7 p.m. Women only, St. Paul’s Church;
• Friday, 7 p.m. at St. Paul’s Church;
• Saturday 8 a.m., Rainforest Activity Center; 12:30 p.m. (women only), GHS; 6 p.m., Faith Lutheran Church; and 8 p.m. Speaker meeting, Rainforest Activity Center. Details: 586-1161.
Al-Anon Haines, Thursday, 6:30-7:30 p.m., Gateway Building Conference Center, 219 Main St. Details: Deborah at 766-2046.
Al-Anon Juneau, • Monday, 7-8 p.m., Rainforest Activities Center. Details: Terry at 463-3372.
• Tuesday, 12:05 p.m., Resurrection Lutheran Church. Details: Barbara at 790-1029.
• Tuesday 7-8 p.m., Smith Hall across from the St. Vincent de Paul shop, 8619 Teal St. Details: Marie at 789-3272.
• Wednesday, 5:15-6:30 p.m., Douglas Community Methodist Church. Marsha, 364-2472.
• Friday 7-8 p.m. Potluck dinner from 6-7 p.m., 9950 Stephen Richard’s Dr. (Home of Sharon B.) Details: Mie at 635-4328.
• Saturday 10:30 a.m.-noon, Resurrection Lutheran Church. Free babysitting. Details: Erika at 463-2613.
Al-Anon Ketchikan, • Monday, 8-9 p.m., Presbyterian Church. Mary Ellen, 617-5451.
• Wednesday, noon, Presbyterian Church. Dianna, 247-2451.
• Fridays, 8-9 p.m., Presbyterian Church. Cindy, 225-3504.
Al-Anon Petersburg, Fridays noon-1 p.m., Mitkof Island AFG, Petersburg Hospital Conference Room. Ruth, 772-4573.
Al-Anon Sitka, Thursday, 6 p.m. and 7:15 p.m., Lutheran Church upstairs, 224 Lincoln St. Kris: 966-2607.
Al-Anon Yakutat, Thursday, noon, Community Center. Bring your own lunch. Gloria Benson, 784-3368.
Celebrate Recovery at Auke Bay Bible Church, Tuesday, 5:30 p.m. dinner, 6:30 p.m. worship and message, 7:30 p.m. small groups. Details: Auke Bay Bible Church, 789-9318.
Life Recovery Bible Study, 6-7 p.m., Sunday, Gastineau Human Services, Atco Building, 5597 Aisek St. Details: Fred at (360) 420-3198.
Narcotics Anonymous Juneau, • Thursday “We Do Recover” open meeting, 8-9 p.m., Rainforest Activity Center (RAC);
• Friday “Dopeless Hope-friends” open meeting, 5-6 p.m., RAC;
• Saturday NA meeting, 7-8 p.m., Gastineau Human Services;
• Sunday “New Beginnings” open meeting, RAC.
Overeaters Anonymous Ketchikan, Wednesday, 5:30 p.m., Pioneer Home. First floor conference room, 141 Bryant Street. Details: 225-3277.
Overeaters Anonymous Juneau, • Monday, 5:30 p.m., Northern Light United Church, 400 W. 11th St.;
• Wednesday, noon-1 p.m., 119 Seward St. Room 1;
• Saturday, 10-11 a.m., Juneau Public Health Center, 3412 Glacier Hwy. 463-1224.
Yei éek kwa néix, You are going to get well, Monday and Friday, 5:30-7 p.m., the Gunaanastí Bill Brady Healing Center office, 1204 Seward Ave., Sitka. Peer support for those in recovery from alcohol or substance abuse. Monday focus: recovery from substance abuse, Friday focus: emotional well-being and stress management. Details: 966-8360.
Family Caregiver Support: November is National Family Caregiver Month. Senior Information & Caregiver Resource Center will host three local speakers to present on a specific topic. These sessions will be open and free to family caregivers: Nov. 7, 6:30-8 p.m., The Bridge Adult Day Center: Dental Care for Seniors; Nov. 14, 6:30-8 p.m., The Bridge Adult Day Center: Holistic Health & Stress Management; Nov. 21, 6:30-8 p.m., The Bridge Adult Day Center: What is Parkinson’s Disease. Details: Joylynn Lake, 463-6177.
Parents Anonymous, • Monday, 6:30-8 p.m., Children’s Community Center, 211 Cordova;
• Wednesday, 6:30-8 p.m., Gastineau Human Services, 1613 Anka;
• Thursday, 6-8 p.m., St. Vincent de Paul, childcare and dinner provided.
Parents Anonymous for Parents of Special Needs Children, • Tuesday, 6-8 p.m., St. Vincent de Paul, 8617 Teal;
• Friday, noon-1:30 p.m., REACH, Behrends building, childcare and lunch provided. 790-4102.
Parents Anonymous en Español, Viernes, 12-1:30 p.m.. Proveemos cuidado de niños y la cena, REACH, 790-4102.
NAMI Connection Recovery Support Group for persons living with a mental illness: 2nd and 4th Tuesday evenings, 5:30-7 p.m. running through June 2014 at the NAMI Juneau Meeting. NAMI Family Support Group for families caring for a family member living with a mental illness: 1st and 3rd Thursday evenings of the month, 5:30-7 p.m. running through June 2014 at the NAMI Juneau Meeting room. NAMI Juneau is located at the Jordan Square Bldg; 9000 Glacier Hwy #201; Juneau 99801. Details: 463-4251 or email@example.com or www.namijuneau.org.
All About Caring for a Loved One with a Mental Illness: NAMI Family to Family Course. A free 12-session nationally recognized course on caring for a family member with a mental illness including info on diagnoses, medication, current research, family dynamics and dealing with stress, relating to providers, local behavior health resources, and personal advocacy skills offered by NAMI Juneau. Starting Oct. 2. Winter 2014 Family to Family starting late January 2014. Details or pre-registration: 463-4251, firstname.lastname@example.org or visit www.namijuneau.org.
Single Dads Support Group, 6-7:30 p.m., The group meets every two weeks. Details: 463-6132.
Widowed Persons Support Group, Second and fourth Thursday monthly, except holiday weeks, 6:30 p.m., Parlor Room at Fireweed Place, 415 Willoughby. Brunches first Sunday of each month, noon, Baranof Hotel. All widows/widowers invited. Contact Sue 586-6424 (email@example.com) or Sandy at 789-0355.
Cancer Survivor’s Support Group, Juneau, 3rd Tuesday monthly, 6:30 p.m., 3225 Hospital Drive. Sponsored by Cancer Connection. Details: 796-2273.
Grief Support Groups through Hospice & Home Care of Juneau, Pet loss, first and third Friday monthly, 11 a.m., Details: 957-6266.
Juneau Head Injury Group Meeting, for individuals who have experienced a head injury, their families and friends. 5-6:30 p.m. first Tuesday monthly, 3225 Hospital Drive. Details: SAIL at 586-4920.
Living Well with Chronic Conditions, Wednesday, 5:30 p.m., Craig SEARHC Behavioral Health Office, Thibodeaux Mall. Details: 755-4935.
Low vision support group, 1 p.m. third Tuesday monthly, Juneau Senior Center. Join other community members who experience low vision to share and learn about ways to adjust to vision loss. Details: Laura at SAIL, 586-4920.
Senior Activity Group, fourth Thursday monthly. Time, location and activities vary. Scholarships available to cover base costs. Registration encouraged. Details: ORCA, 586-0104.
TOPS (Take Off Pounds Sensibly), Thursdays, Nugget Mall. Weigh-in starts at 6:30 p.m., meeting runs from 7-8 p.m. Details: Ginger at 209-4123 or Alice at 321-2501.
Submit or update a listing to firstname.lastname@example.org.