Health and wellness expert Andrea Pennington, M.D. and author of The Pennington Plan, physician, motivational counselor and founder of The Pennington Institute for Health and Wellness has developed helpful tips on managing crazy mornings for busy moms across America to ensure that their kids will "make the grade" as they head back to school.
1. Make planning a family affair. Ensure a smooth start to a well-planned day by preparing for the morning the night before. Monitor the weather report with your children to decide on the next day's wardrobe, prepare nonperishable lunch items together and pre-pack the next day's essentials such as ballet shoes, soccer gear and snacks for the car.
2. Focus on success. A morning "command center" helps organize contact information, dates of important events and individual schedules in a single location that can be accessed by the entire family. Post a master calendar that includes activities for each family member, chores and individual to-do lists.
3. Eat breakfast. Eating a nutritious breakfast helps "break the fast" our bodies undergo during sleep. One energizing option is Nestlé Carnation Instant Breakfast. This convenient morning meal provides 21 important vitamins and minerals combined with the protein you and your family need to start the day off right. With all the nutrition of a complete breakfast, it will give you the energy you need to kick-start mornings.
4. Promote family face time. Spend just a few moments in the evening reviewing your child's upcoming agenda. Use this time to review study questions for the next major exam or discuss the game plan for an extracurricular activity. A few extra moments together ensures that a busy schedule never interferes with your desire to keep family first.
5. Maintain a routine. Consistency is key. Establish a pattern that will guide you and your children through each individual's necessary tasks. This will combat serious threats that unexpected disruptions can cause. Consistent meal times, bedtimes and wake-up times are the first steps in establishing a regular routine.
For more information on how to manage the morning madness, visit www.carnationinstantbreakfast.com.