News
NEWS For the CCW On September 26, 1938, the F/V "Pelican" arrived in Lisianski Inlet to begin construction of a cold storage. The timing of this event coincided with the movement of the salmon troll fleet westward from Sitka and on up the coast to Yakobi Island.

Settling closest to the fish: Pelican's early years

photo courtesy of Bob DeArmond
Some of Pelican’s first students. From left, Axie Mork, Betty Koby, Ray Mork, Elmer Mork, Karen Wetche and Mary Koby. VIew more photos at www.capitalcityweekly.com.
courtesy photo
photo courtesy of Bob DeArmond Some of Pelican’s first students. From left, Axie Mork, Betty Koby, Ray Mork, Elmer Mork, Karen Wetche and Mary Koby. VIew more photos at www.capitalcityweekly.com.
  1 of 1  
Return to Story

Loading...