web-posted Wednesday, March 5, 2014
This is my first winter back in Alaska after 14 years away for college and the beginning of a career teaching high school in California, so my Alaskanization is in full force.
web-posted Wednesday, December 25, 2013
Wednesday, December 25
web-posted Wednesday, December 4, 2013
SouthEast Alaska Regional Health Consortium (SEARHC) has once again earned The Joint Commission's Gold Seal of Approval for accreditation by demonstrating compliance with The Joint Commission's national standards for health care quality and safety in ambulatory care organizations. The accreditation award recognizes SEARHC's dedication to continuous compliance with The Joint Commission's state-of-the-art standards.
web-posted Wednesday, November 20, 2013
Craig, on the west coast of Prince of Wales Island (POW), is the island's largest town and was once referred to as "Fish Egg" until a new name was petitioned for.
- USDA needs to step up meat safety
- Juneau home show opens this weekend
- Final Friday: Alaskans say goodbye to the Alaska State Museum
- Forest Service plans rec area improvements
- Alaska Board of Forestry to meet this month
- Dam expansion cost rises in Sitka
- Go vegetarian for a healthy life
- Advisers sought for Tongass committee
- Juneau engineers pick top builder, project of 2013
- National Park Service seeks comments on Dyea preservation plan
- Petersburg borough considers taxing tobacco products
- Kensington Gold Mine reports strong 2013 production