web-posted Wednesday, August 17, 2016
This June, the Alaska State Council on the Arts awarded $543,262 in grants to Alaska artists and arts organizations in its first funding quarter of the 2017 fiscal year in addition to ratifying $13,184 in grants awarded in the last part of 2016.
web-posted Wednesday, August 10, 2016
David Woodie, public lecture, Thursday, Aug. 11, 7-8 p.m., Juneau-Douglas City Museum. Join David Woodie for a free public presentation about his approach to narrative painting and his current exhibit, New Work.
web-posted Wednesday, August 3, 2016
GUSTAVUS — After 36 years of making people feel at home, JoAnn and Dave Lesh are selling Gustavus Inn.
web-posted Wednesday, June 1, 2016
English Classes, 5:30–7 p.m., every Wednesday, Mendenhall Valley Public Library, 3025 Riverside Dr. This group will practice speaking, reading, and writing English. Provided by The Learning Connection. All are welcome. Details: www.serrc.org/tlc
web-posted Wednesday, May 25, 2016
BARTLETT COVE — Forty fourth graders with their teachers and chaperones descended on Glacier Bay National Park on May 13. The kids came from Angoon, Klukwan, Hoonah and Gustavus for a special Every Kid in a Park centennial celebration.
- Cuts impact CCTHITA programs
- Interfaith prayer for climate change
- Huna Tlingit paddle home
- Who's your Diva? Katrina Lee
- The whale has landed
- Meals with Midgi: When a taco isn’t just a taco
- Art in unusual places
- Cruise with wildlife, symphony
- State seeks nominations for historical records award
- Coaches Needed for Boys Run I toowú klatseen
- Support the Skagway Arts Council
- Last chance to see Shakespeare’s First Folio Exhibit
- Forty-one weavers, one robe
- Who’s Your Diva? Abigail Hoy
- Thru a glass darkly
- Applications for solo artist exhibitions at the state museum due Aug. 26
- Alaska Marine Highway releases winter schedule
- Historic Preservation Fund grant period opens