web-posted Wednesday, February 22, 2017
After the death of Morgan DeBoer in October of 2016, his son Benjamin DeBoer decided to close the Mt. Fair-weather Golf Course in Gustavus.
web-posted Wednesday, February 15, 2017
One morning last summer, 15-year-old Samantha Chase of Gustavus came home from a sleepover with a backache — and in less than 24 hours, she was paralyzed.
web-posted Wednesday, December 28, 2016
From the editor: We’ve reached out to members of the arts community around Southeast Alaska for their thoughts on the year’s “bright moments” in arts and culture.
web-posted Wednesday, November 16, 2016
The Capital City Weekly is very pleased to present its first ever Photography Issue, in conjunction with the Alaska Positive show at the Alaska State Museum.
- Art in unusual places
- Art of Place: Tlingit elders discuss metal carving and weaving
- Alaska State Parks seeks artists for 2017 residency program
- Art by the Inch — Petersburg supports its anti-violence organization
- Zuill Bailey wins two Grammys
- Woodshed Kings: The Amazing Bookstore
- SHI to showcase Northwest Coast masterworks at second art auction
- To be frank: poetry professor on parrhesia and resistance
- Ketchikan Museums offers spring break classes
- Alaska — Ever Resilient
- ‘West Side Story’ comes to Juneau
- Meet the first Tlingit Miss Alaska USA
- Juneau Cabaret to perform spotlighting life, music of Duke Ellington