web-posted Wednesday, November 23, 2016
Southeast Alaska Independent Living (SAIL) will soon have more services in Hoonah, Angoon, Yakutat, Metlakatla, Kake and Klawock.
web-posted Wednesday, November 2, 2016
At 96 miles long and about 30 miles wide, there’s a lot of land for the U.S. Forest Service to preserve on Admiralty Island. Luckily, during the summer of 2016 they had some help from local Angoon youth.
web-posted Wednesday, September 28, 2016
Hydaburg votes on name spelling change; Petersburg, Coffman Cove vote on marijuana
web-posted Wednesday, August 17, 2016
This June, the Alaska State Council on the Arts awarded $543,262 in grants to Alaska artists and arts organizations in its first funding quarter of the 2017 fiscal year in addition to ratifying $13,184 in grants awarded in the last part of 2016.
- Celebrate Yuletide in Skagway
- Club Baby Seal
- Art in Unusual Places
- Talking in code
- SHI opens state-wide Native mask exhibit highlighting ancient, current uses
- Christmas tree hunting in the capital city
- Simply (tomato cucumber) salad
- Haines gingerbread house competition
- Coffee & Collections highlights Tlingit language learners
- Downtown Gallery Walk ushers in holiday season
- Writers' Weir: Morning, November 9, 2016