web-posted Wednesday, February 1, 2017
The release, signed by the four volunteer firefighters, stated they will continue to maintain equipment and perform the best they can but warned “emergency response will be unpredictable and minimal.” Also, no medical response will be officially offered.
web-posted Wednesday, December 7, 2016
No matter the season, every day from age six began the same way for a young K’inéix Kwáan man training to be a warrior in pre-contact Yakutat — by wading into the ocean and staying as long as he could without passing out.
web-posted Wednesday, November 23, 2016
Southeast Alaska Independent Living (SAIL) will soon have more services in Hoonah, Angoon, Yakutat, Metlakatla, Kake and Klawock.
web-posted Wednesday, November 2, 2016
At 96 miles long and about 30 miles wide, there’s a lot of land for the U.S. Forest Service to preserve on Admiralty Island. Luckily, during the summer of 2016 they had some help from local Angoon youth.
- Art in unusual places
- Art of Place: Tlingit elders discuss metal carving and weaving
- Alaska State Parks seeks artists for 2017 residency program
- Art by the Inch — Petersburg supports its anti-violence organization
- Zuill Bailey wins two Grammys
- Woodshed Kings: The Amazing Bookstore
- SHI to showcase Northwest Coast masterworks at second art auction
- To be frank: poetry professor on parrhesia and resistance
- Ketchikan Museums offers spring break classes
- Alaska — Ever Resilient
- ‘West Side Story’ comes to Juneau
- Meet the first Tlingit Miss Alaska USA
- Juneau Cabaret to perform spotlighting life, music of Duke Ellington